Sunday, April 27, 2008

tulips

I think I mentioned before that we planted several tulip bulbs last
fall. Well, they have finally bloomed! It was a fun surprise to see
what color they would be. Most were yellow, then red, then
yellow/red, then pink. Maybe we will make an exact count later today!
And, we learned something new about tulips. The closed flowers are
first green, then the tips turn colors, then the whole closed flower
turns colors, then it finally blooms. I had no idea! Im sure Im not
using the right terminology. No bias here, but I think we have the
prettiest front yard! We must have close to 40 tulips! Next up this
year is going to be a lilac tree. Once the tulips are done, I would
love to see lilacs coming in. Anyhow, the girls did most of the
planting last fall, so they are quite proud of their efforts.

0 comments:

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In