Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kind of embarrassing...

So i got intro Detroit from NYC at 8pm and decided that I would rent a car to get home. Otherwise if I took the bus I wouldnt get home till after 11pm. So I called National and made a reservation, took the shuttle over to the car rental place to pick up my car, and because I have "Emerald Club" all i had to do was pick a car, jump in it, and drive to the exit booth, where i show my credit car and drivers license. So, I did that, and the lady in the booth says to me, do you have your license extension? And I said , what? And she said your license extension. I said, I didnt know what she was talking about. She then proceeded to tell me that my drivers license was expired. I guess it expired on friday (my b-day). I had to back up the car from the exit booth, park it, grab my stuff, get back on the shuttle bus to go back to the airport (at which point the driver asks me what the problem is and why I couldnt get a car), and head to the airport to await my bus ride to east lansing. Man, was I cranky. 2 days later it is kind of funny.

1 comments:

ColleenD said...

It's a shame she couldn't just say "Happy Birthday" and let you head home.

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In