Wednesday, June 25, 2008

netherlands, part 2

I do not have too many picture since sunday since I have been at a meeting in utrecht, so I thought I would wrap up my post about amsterdam. I was able to visit Anne Frank's hiding place from 1942-1944. It was actually bigger than I anticipated, but still with two families hiding and trying to live in total darkness and silence the space I bet felt very small. 
















I think I walked every inch of this beautiful city. Its geographic size is smaller than i thought, so a full day of walking can cover lots of territory. I went down to the van gough museum with Miyoun (although we did not go inside). Next to the van gough museum is also the state museum (rijkmuseum) and a large quad, with a fountain and this very cool looking I amsterdam sign!

















We walked by lots of cheese (kaas) shops, brown cafes (for bier!), and koffie shops. I thought the coffee here was quite good, and oh the bier was very good too!






















I was also impressed with how many houses and buildings were fit
 into every nook and cranky, so houses of all shapes and sizes. I liked this house because it was on a triangle corner, and in its own special way reminded me of the flatiron building.

OK one more post when I have time with pics from Utrecht... honestly, dont get your hopes up because Ive been inside all days...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for beer and cheese!

musicmom24 said...

So pretty! Wish I could be there too.

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In