Monday, December 08, 2008

whats cookin'

I think we are going to start up blogging again after a 5 week
hiatus. We've decided we're in a rut with respect to dinner. We eat
about 3 meals: Pasta, spaghetti, and noodles. Sad thing is, I dont
think Im exaggerating! Well, that is if you dont count the san su or
pizza house orders. So, Scott and I made a pact. We were going to
start making new meals (well, that is, new to us). And, to keep us
honest, we are also going to report what we've had for supper here at
bartobreezy. A little boring i know but, but Im hoping some of you
might have good suggestions or maybe you will find a fun recipe or
maybe you can just laugh at how often we do eat pasta, although we
are honestly trying not to do that. Also we seem to be getting into
the root vegetable season of our CSA and i need to figure out how we
can eat all of those roots. I do think my friend Judy will be getting
her rutabega deliveries from me because we tried on those last year,
but couldnt quite eat them as fast and furious as they came in.

So last night we had salmon. I ground up some almonds, coconut,
garlic, salt, and bread, and the rolled the salmon in it. Then I
baked it for 20 minutes at 475. Then I cooked up a squash (I dont
know what kind it was... Bee picked it out from many from the CSA so
we figured it was edible), and then chopped that up, sauteed it with
garlic and olive oil, and then added it to some risotto, water and a
little milk, and cooked that also for about 20 minutes. Then we made
broccoli rabe on the side. So, that marks our getting out of a rut.
How long will it last? Stay tuned!

0 comments:

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In