Sunday, January 02, 2011

winter is back + pushups

So much for the reprieve from winter. It was 12F and a windchill of -3F and snowing when we got up this morning. 8 more weeks, right? Get us to march 1. It might not be warm then but spring will be around the corner. Let the countdown begin. And, we have gotten an additional 48 seconds of sunlight today. Bee is telling me slow and steady wins the race. I guess so.

So, we have decided to the 100 pushup challenge. The goal is to be able to do 100 pushups in a row. You start with a test to see how many you can do, and then you do sets of pushups 3 or 4 days a week based on your fitness level, repeating the weeks that are hard for you. I have a hunch this will take more than 7 weeks for me. Anyhow, Bee and I are starting at level 2. Scott is starting at level 3. Let's just say that Frankie is doing the modified, silly girl, push up challenge. We are going to do pushups as a family! Bring it on! Lets see if we actually make it. Someone please remind me that we said we would do this. Each new year I resolve to do push ups all year long, and I make it about 2 months before I forget I resolved to do that. Gotta remember this year! It's great for the core and the arms. What we should do is take a pic of our arm muscles now and then again this summer when we are doing 100 push ups with ease. haha.

2 comments:

ColleenD said...

Can we play too! Genna and I want to do the 100 pushup challenge. We both tested in level two, although I admit I will be doing modified pushups for the first set of six weeks.

Unknown said...

OK, its a deal or a challenge. Lets post updates every few weeks to keep us all on track. I can already tell that i will be repeating week 1, or should i say "weak one". haha.

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In