Saturday, April 14, 2007

MIA Part II

Man, we are really slacking on our new years resolution to post everyday! Will try to do better when the semester ends. Our excuse this time around is that I was in Chicago all week last week (with the girlies) for a work related meeting. The three big highlights of that trip were seeing my parents (who were also at the meeting) and michelle and gang, taking the girls on the navy pier ferris wheel (more on that later), and watching the snow blow sideways, upside down and round in circles from our 28th floor view of lake michigan. Oh and lets not forget Bee calling my mom "Bun." I wont mention how the stroller broke in the train station and having to carry 3 backpacks, a computer case and frankie all at once! Im now in New Orleans for another meeting, and scott's got both girls, both dogs, and both hermit crabs. Then when I get home he heads off to Boston! Yeesh. So that is us in a nutshell.

OK more on the ferris wheel. You could see navy pier from our hotel room, and I kept eyeing the water and the boats. On tuesday afternoon I decided to blow off the meeting and take the girls down to navy pier. To our surprise there is a ferris wheel there, and Bee was so excited to go on it. I thought what the heck, and bought a ticket (kids under 42 inches are free!), and the three of us went on the wheel. Well, come to find out there are no seat belts on the wheel, and the wind was blowing and our little cart kept rocking. Bee and Frankie were having such a blast, and I was a bit freaking out! Bee wanted to go on again the next day, but it was snowing sideways and I didnt think that was such a good idea! So I highly recommend the ferris wheel for all!!!

2 comments:

Cuddles said...

Your AERA presentations were notable and prominent. Everyone is still talking about you!! WOW, and I can say that I am your Mom.

It was great seeing you and the girls in Chicago. We had a wonderful time! I can attest that Bee and Frankie loved their Ferris wheel experience. I am still shaking just hearing about it---LOL.

Tell the girls that we loved spending time with them!!!

ColleenD said...

Aha! Now I know who Cuddles is!
I thought it was one of your sisters.

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In