Tuesday, April 03, 2007

MIA

sorry we've been MIA. Between crazy travel schedules and work kicking our butts.... its been hard to post. But here is an update: Saturday morning while I was in st. louis I noticed a painful small bump on my arm, just above the elbow, just like a bug bite. In fact I first thought, oh I got a mosquito bite! The bump itself is small, maybe half the size of dime, and it looks like it has a little puncture wound in the middle, and its a tad more elevated than a mosquito bit, and bit harder to the touch. It really hurts to touch it (that is how I noticed it!). It sort of itches around it, but not really. Monday I noticed that the bump is the same size, but its red around it (dime size), then its got a white (well skin colored) ring around that (so that would be nickle size), then another red ring around that, that is flat and wide (maybe a cm wide) - so all together we're talking maybe half dollar size.
I called the docs and they told me to come in this morning . this morning my whole arm was really hurting and the red ring around the bite was bigger. Anyhow, when I went to the docs they told me they thought it was a brown recluse spider bite. So i have to take cephalexin for 10 days and put some steroid cream on it. I feel a little pukey today too, but that's apparently a common reaction to a brown recluse bite.

Other than that, we're all headed off to chicago this weekend for easter - hopefully it will warm up some. suppose to be 32 tomorrow and the day after! our poor flowers!

2 comments:

ColleenD said...

Welcome back! I'm sorry we will miss you in Michigan this weekend. I'm also a bit dismayed about having to pack our winter coats.
I'm glad you got help for your spider bite quickly. Brown Recluse spiders are not ones to mess around with!

Cuddles said...

Enjoy Easter in Chicago!! I know the bunny makes stops there.

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In