Sunday, November 04, 2007

frankie and johnny

I was sitting in the sideroom watching Bee make a card for her class - she wanted to make a thank you card because when she was home sick last week, all of the kids made her cards. Anyhow, frankie was entertaining herself in the front room. She was running around singing and what not. then I noticed she started singing "frankie and johnny were lovers" (you know that song? its an old folk song. I remember learning it along time ago when I was learning how to play guitar.). We have a book of folk songs that frankie loves to pick songs out for us to sing, and that is one of them. So, I grabbed the camera, and caught it on film. Thing is, she only knows the first line and makes the rest up. And the funny thing is she is singing about our next door neighbor, or so she stopped singing and went to window and asked "where's johnny?"



oh, and i am really proud of bee's card. I helped her spell thank you and k-club but she wrote it all and colored the picture by herself. Actually i left the room to film frankie before she drew her picture so it was a surprise when i saw the picture (which is a picture of our family - but I bet you could recognize us! :) ).

0 comments:

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In