Tuesday, January 22, 2008

2008!

Happy New Year! Only 22 days late.... Happy MLK Day! Only 1 day late!

So, my mom taught me a great lesson when I was in the 3rd grade. Our
family bought a box of chocolate chip icecream and when we opened it at home, only half the box of icecream had chocolate chips in it - the other half was only vanilla icecream. I was so disappointed. So, what did my mom do? She suggested that I write a letter to Hersheys (the maker of the icecream) and explain what happened. And, so I did. A few weeks later in the mail I received coupons galore for free icecream and other products, and a letter from the company apologizing for what had happened. Now, right before christmas the pole that helps to hold up the girls' tent broke. I searched high and low on the internet for a replacement pole, as they love that tent but couldnt find one. I almost went to Target to buy a new tent for them. the tent itself was only about $25, but I couldnt imagine wasting the natural resources. We didnt need a new tent - just a new pole. So I remembered my 3rd grade experience and wrote an email to the company who made the tent (Midwest glove) explaining what happened and where I might find replacement poles. Ten days later what do I get in the mail? A free replacement pole! thanks midwest glove! thanks mom!!!
Pictures to follow. Im just happy to get a post done today!

2 comments:

ColleenD said...

Welcome back! I've missed you!
I was beginning to wonder if you had made some sort of New Year's resolution to do something other than blogging. (Please don't ever do that, by the way.)

Cuddles said...

I love this story! Thank you.

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In