Friday, February 20, 2009

CSA pickins

I havent been posting on dinner because I havent been cooking anything exciting. But last night we got our biweekly CSA share and it had a range of different hearty greens: kale, bok choy, spinach, and some other kind of thick skinned dark green thing. So I took all of it -must have been 10 cups or so - and did a quick light sautee with olive oil and some salt. It was so good! We had some flounder on the side, trader joe style.

We also are having a snow storm this weekend, with winter weather warnings posted, and the 15 day outlook doesnt have us getting much above freezing. I sure hope that saying about march - in like a lion out like a lamb (or vice versa) is true this year bec. Grampa Calabrese used to always say that!

OK, I just figured out the other green. It's Komatsuma and it is very tasty! I read about it in our CSA newsletter this morning.

0 comments:

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In