Friday, February 20, 2009

Marky

Marky went over the rainbow today. She lived a good long life. She was 15 and a half, and as the vet said to us today, it is very rare for her to see a dog her size live so long. For the record, Marky's full name was: Marky, Jimanez, Rooster, Joy, Watering can, Love Black Hole, Neurosis, Smelly Butt, Calabrese Barton. She earned a new middle name like a soldier earns his stripes. Scrappy. Determined.

Our most memorable times with Marky were the times: She rescued Smelly Cat, when she saved me (angie) from the pit bull, and just her way of sticking her butt in your face when she wanted some love. When we told Bee and Frankie, Frankie's immediate response was to say that her heart was broken and Bee just cried.

We love you Marky!

3 comments:

ColleenD said...

I 'm so sorry that you lost Marky. She was an amazing girl. I know your hearts will feel very empty for a long while.

I hope Koompa is okay. It makes me sad that she won't really understand what has happened, only that her best friend isn't there anymore.

boymilo said...

My heart is with you all, and I will miss Marky very much. Happy trails, Marky Barkstore.

Purvs said...

Hi Angie,
I am so sorry to hear about Marky. I am sure the girls and Koompa are missing her too :(
She had such a wonderful life with you.

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In