Wednesday, April 29, 2009


Here are the girls with the tulips before school. How cute!

In an effort to diversify what we eat, I will report that on Monday i made salmon with a roasted red pepper sauce with apricot couscous and broccoli on the side. The couscous was good but the salmon seemed a little bland to me. I baked the salmon for about 20 minutes at 475, and while that was baking, I toasted some almonds (about 1/3 cup), i also chopped up some red peppers i had roasted, crushed some garlic, and also chopped up about 1/2 cup small grape tomatoes. Then I blended it all in the blender with a pinch of salt and pepper and put it on top of the salmon. Now doesnt that sound like it would taste good. But it was bland. Now what i did for the couscous was to cut up about 1/2 dried apricots, grated about 1 table spoon of fresh ginger and cut up 3 scallions, and some garlic and I sauteed it all lightly in olive oil for about 3 minutes, then i added 2 cups of water, waited for it boil and added the couscous and let it sit covered, just like you would normally cook couscous. that was tasty. the broccoli we did like we usually do - "popped broccoli". So, last night we had San Su ...yum! Tonight we are making pizza at home tonight so that should be fun!

2 comments:

Cuddles said...

Yummo cooking going on up in Michigan. Sometimes when I bake Salmon I mix orange marmalade with a little balsamic vinegar and EVOO then rub it in the Salmon--kind of a glaze thing going on.

Cuddles said...

Those girls are beautiful.

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In