Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tulips


The tulips all bloomed yesterday and today, and we all think our yard looks beautiful! The leaves on our trees all started to sprout open too! I am always amazed at how quickly springs comes once it finally decides to arrive! But its really weird hanging out in the yard with the girls but no dogs! Also weird is having to vacuum under the table after we eat everyday. I dont think I ever realized how much food the girls spilled and thus how much the dogs really ate! Its been quite surprising! I hope you enjoy our tulips as much as we do! These were tulips that the girls and I planted Fall 2007, and that scott had gotten for us when we has in Holland. This is their second year popping up and they are just so enjoyable. I have half a mind to plant about 200 this fall because I love them so much!

And now I realize we've been lame bloggers and lame eaters so I am resurrecting the report of what we cook and eat tradition. Starts tonight. We're having the age old pasta y fagioli with some yummy bread and "popped" broccoli on the side. So, we're in a rut but at least we're admitting it here! Stayed tuned...

For those who are interested here is how I make pasta y fagioli.

1 small onion
a few cloves of garlic
olive oil
salt to taste
cannellini beans (1 or 2 cans depending on how bean-y you like it!)
ditalini pasta (about 1 cup uncooked)
Rosemary
about 4 roma tomatoes

Put olive oil (a table spoon or two) in a pan over medium heat and cut up onion and sautee. Chop up your garlic and add that. Let sautee for a couple of minutes. Add a pinch or two of salt. then add your beans. If you are like me, you get them in the can, so drain them first. then chop up tomatoes and add those. Then add about 1 cup of water. if you have some white wine throw in about a half of a cup, if not, no worries. then crush up some rosemary and add it. Then let this simmer for a long time. a few hours maybe. then cook up the ditilini and then throw that in. I like to let this sit for a few hours, or overnight to get all of the flavors to their fullest. Then serve with yummy bread. This makes about 3 or 4 servings. I know not so precise, but that is how we do it here!

1 comments:

Cuddles said...

The tulips are beautiful. Did the girls pick one?

The soup sounds yummy--professional cooking going on here.

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In