Sunday, February 18, 2007

Marker BARKER

So this morning I was awakened at 3:50 am by a loud pounding on the front door. I went down stairs, turned on the porch light and looked out the window. it was the POLICE! Yeesh, that freaked me out. My first reaction was oh no, where is frankie? Did she crawl out the dog door when we were sleeping? (that happened in a dream, or rather nightmare, after i heard Nakita's escapades.) So i opened the door bed head and all, and the officer said to me: Is that your dog barking outside? After immediately feeling relieved that this was not about frankie crawling out the dog door, you know what, i listened for a moment and indeed it sounded like Marky. So I said,uh, it sounds like her I will check. I walk into the kitchen where the dog door is and there is marky stuck with her feet inside the house and her head and front feet outside, barking like a maniac. Why her barking did not wake any of us up is beyond me, but that I suppose is another story for another time. So I pulled her in, apologized to the police officer (who said we had a noise violation warning, and next time it would be a ticket). After the police left, I went back to check on marky because I left her splayed on the kitchen floor (her arthritis in her hips is pretty bad, well, and that is the reason she got stuck). Poor thing was still there. Now she is doing better, laying by Scott's feet, waiting for her sunday treat.

1 comments:

Cuddles said...

I can image that you were freaked out about Frankie. Poor Marky. Does that mean that you have to use the gate that you use for the basement at the doggie door at night time?

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In