Monday, February 19, 2007

WWYD?

Well, we put up the babygate last night so marky couldnt go outside... but around 11.30pm (which is the middle of the night to me), koompa starts barking like a maniac! Good for our neighbors she's barking inside, bad for us. Needless to say that woke us up! So I went downstairs to see what the commotion was all about., and found her barking at the babygate. She wanted to go outside. I thought maybe she saw the rabbit so I tried to distract her by coaxing her upstairs, but all she did was run to the front door thinking I was going to let her out there. She must have had to really go. So I took down the gate and let her go out. I went to bed but a half hour later still hadnt fallen to sleep because I was worried that marky would go outside, so I went back down, made sure koomps was inside, and put the gate back up. So, honestly, I dont know what to do. I bet koompa goes outside in the middle of the night all of the time. But I dont want to risk marky getting stuck again. Now before you think, oh marks, she wont get stuck again, let me tell you this: I got up around 4:30 this morning, took the baby gate down, made some coffee and went to the parlor to do a few exercises. And what do I hear? Marky barking. So i got up went to the sliding door opened it and called her but I couldnt find her. It was then that I realized that she was stuck half way out the door again! that poor marks! WWYD?

2 comments:

ColleenD said...

Wow, I just read the whole thread. How scary it must have been to be woken up by the police in the middle of the night, for any reason. I am guessisng you didn't get much more sleep that night.
I am sorry to hear that Nikita's escapades are giving you nightmares. Does it make you feel any better to know that he never gets far because he goes out barefooted in the cold and snow? (I didn't thnk so.)
Here are a few ideas for Markie. I'm sure you have already considered a few of them.
1 - Can Markie sleep in your room with you? Or would she sleep in a kennel? We kept BJ in an kennel at night because he notoriously got up and found a spot in the house to "go."
2 - How about a baby monitor by the pet door, just to help you hear Markie if she needs you again?
3 - Then there's the one we use, both dogs are sent outside one last time right at bedtime and then the pet door is closed for the night. I get nightmares about people trying to sneak IN the door.

In any event, don't pets add excitement to our lives?????

Unknown said...

thanks! We are trying #3... but still for koomps that is a challenge!

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In