Friday, December 28, 2007

chilly running

Well the forecast the other morning was for freezing fog. What the
heck is freezing fog? Scott dared the elements and went running in
it. He survived, and sported a really cool set of eyebrows and lashes
to boot! They reminded me of when I used to take
Koompa running in the winter and her whiskers would grow icicles!

Well, we are back from our trek to Wichita as well. More on that trip
later, but lets play a matching game first. Which slogan matches with
each city/state? We had some good laughs as we read the billboards,
water towers (i.e.. onions), and what not where these sayings were
posted. Lets just say that bought us a good hundred miles.

A. Crossroads of Opportunity
B. Crossroads of America
C. A level above
D. Something for everybody
E. The fine art of living well

1. Blue Springs, MO
2. El Dorado, KS
3. Effingham, IL
4. Terre Haute, IN
5. Indiana (the state)

Im still laughing at the billboards. So, I bet you can begin to
imagine our 17 hours (1 way) in the car together. I will tell you
one other weird factoid. Its almost exactly 250 miles from here to
Indianapolis, 250 from Indy to St. Louis, 250 from St.Louis to Kansas
City, and 200 from KC to Wichita. It was nice to have such evenly
spaced cities!

Once we get some quiz takers, I will post the answers.

I hope everyone is having a merry christmas... and get ready for a great 2008!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is the answer to your quiz.
1. D
2. E
3. A
4. C
5. B

For my prize, if I won, I will take the jasmine tea. Love you, Aunt Toni

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In