Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pictures from Chennai

Finally some pictures from Chennai. These are all from Wed-Fri. Yesterday I went to see some temples and I'll post some of those pics tonight!

These are my hosts at CECRI Chennai, Dr. Sridhar and Dr. Pitchumani, and me standing next to a bank of fluorescent lights powered by their 1 kW fuel cell in the foreground. It was a cool demonstration. I wouldn't normally wear a tshirt on a visit like this, but if you have been reading you know why.


This is airport security in Mumbai, on arrival in India. I felt right at home except that Indians stand in line differenly than Americans. They don't seem to mind being 1 mm from each other. I had an old guy behind me breathing on my neck, and I didn't like it.


An autorickshaw driver outside of IIT Madras


I'm standing on the "sidewalk" on Sardar Patel Road, outside of IIT Madras. This is my new shirt and pants, courtesy of Air India.


My host Dr. Pitchumani, me, and Mr. Venkatesan, who met me at the airport and ferried me all over the place by car. He made the visit to Chennai very easy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute - love the new outfit!! Did you get to go for a ride in the autoshack?

Unknown said...

LOL. I meant to say autorickshaw.

Cuddles said...

The pics are very nice. Thanks for the info on the airport line, bank of fluorescent lights, etc. I loved it!

P.S. One word for the new outfit: sweet!

Anonymous said...

Bro:

Love the shirt! Have you bought a skirt like the one the rickshaw driver has to go with it yet?
CBD

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In