Sunday, January 21, 2007

100 days of broccoli

Frankie works really hard. One of her favorite tasks is to open the cupboard, take out the cans and boxes of food and distribute them about the house. Then redistribute them. And on and on. Usually every few days or so we make a sweep of the house looking for odd cans and boxes so we can bring them back to the kitchen...

So Im really here to update you on our cooking adventures. Its Jan 21 and we still have not been out to eat. I believe this is a new record. Anyhow, last night i had this great idea I would make a new recipe for a coconut milk chicken curry sweet and sour kind of soup. Then we would have some oatmeal bread on the side. So the soup didnt seem too hard to make, just a little long and drawn out. Diced some onions, sautee with olive oil. Add some salt, cumin, red pepper paste. then add some diced granny smith apples and a potatoe, and sautee some more. then add water and chopped up chicken, simmer. then at the end add a can of light coconut milk and a squirt of lemon. So we got to the end and then for the life of me I could not find the coconut milk. It was one of those cans I remember Frankie moving around the house. So I looked and looked. Then scott looked and looked. Nothing. So the soup was almost done, so we couldn't start anything new. I really didnt want to go to the store, and didnt want scott to leave either (eventhough he volunteered). and it didnt taste right with out it. So, I got this great idea I would just add some regular milk and throw in some shredded coconut to give it a coconut milk taste. All I'm going to say right now is thank god I made some broccoli on the side so that we had something decent to eat for supper. Which brings me to my next thought. We have a kids book about 100 days of school, and Scott was reading it to frankie yesterday afternoon, and started to change the story to 100 days of broccoli. You think I might get a clue.

0 comments:

 
bartobreezy
  • Post or Edit
  • Log In